Not a lot has happened in the last week or so, so I will tell you about dinner at the rich guys house. About 8:30 waiting for my rice and chicken dinner with salt and oil, and in my sunday best clothing, my host dad comes in and says "Pirro" and makes me change clothes and next thing I know I am walking the mud roads. We get to this nice home, and there are about 12 people there. We all go through our introductions, luckily nobody says much except Mire Mire Mire. and we sit down. Men on the right, woman on the left...men get served by the eldest daughter, raki..a shot, juice and the woman get coffee...toasts ...long long toasts...are made then later dinner is served...fish, potato, salad so good...I am done...its now 9:30 on a school night..but wait...then they bring out, not just filet of pork, but an entire body part bone and all and each of us get a huge slab....needless to say my stomach was done and then another beer, desert, another beer, and then finally an apple...It took my stomach 2 days to recover and both food wise and sleep..we did not get home until 12:00 pm..4 beers 2 rakis.....Humm. Before dinner I am sure my host dad said something about my speech abilities because not many questions were asked of me. thank goodness, I was way too tired to even try.
Volleyball stories...all going well, some intergroup bickering, but the young girls are loving it and the boys in to hood have left them alone for a couple of days now. I only have to keep about 10 busy by playing frisbee football are soccer or such..Maybe the boys got the idea that they are just not wanted and the ones that there, realize they get to kick the americans but in soccer...or learn to play frisbee. Now we are all just waiting for our group projects to be over and language classes to end...I may squeek by but it will be close.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment