Friday, May 9, 2008

May 9, 2008

Hey All,
This is my first real blog and from now on most of my postings will be on this. For some reason my email stopped going out as a group and only works as individual settings. Hopefully I will get you you all soon.
Back to our story...Our group project was a girls volleyball. The boys have complete control of the town. All sports are done by the boys and all work in the house and in the yards and fields is done by the woman and girls. The boys hangout at the local stores and cafes, while the girls are in the fields pushing wheelbarrels and digging holes. ... back to story....So we put a sign up in the school (with the directors permission) to start girls volleyball. HE was luke warm on the idea because the boys would just take it over an it was not worth the effort. We put the sign up and we had about 50 girls the first day, 70 the next and now are averaging about 40 each day. We have 5 of the mothers knitting a net which will be ready game day the 24th. The boys have stayed away for the most part. I take them each day and play frisbee or soccer of whatever else...sometimes only 6 or 7 of them and somedays 20. We have new balls for the girls...and the boys all feel (many years practice) that any activity with a ball on any field is for them. Only a few of them are acting up now, but it is still a pain getting rid of them, and not smacking them. I hope I can keep them intertained for 2 more practices. My Frisbee is totally covered with duct tape. I have gone through 1/2 my roll of duct tape so far...back to story....On my runs I see girls and young boys practicing volleyball which is pretty cool. Game day is May 24 and we are also asking mothers to bake deserts so we can sell them to help pay for the ball and net which as of now, we have paid for. Our purpuse is to have so anytime they need new stuff, they can make it happen.
Thats the good stuff. Because there are so many girls, some of the PC girls freaked out a bit and had a change of philophy started to move through our ranks. Needless to say, the nicest of the bunch has been shunned from the click.......Its just a bunch of highschool attituted taking over some stress out people. The 22 year old that just passed the Bar exam (lawyer) is on the wrong side of the click and she is the sweetest of them all...I am so glad I am a guy.
Lots more has happened in the last few weeks...big dinners with rich people, PC parties, good cultural experiences ...etc. I have written of them in my emails but they keep comming back. Hopefully this works with the blog. Miss you all.
Pictures are still a problem...I hear it takes for ever with these computers if it even works. One of the PC volunters tried to get the pics up but could not..will try again soon.

No comments: