Thursday, July 24, 2008
Artist
The other day, I was sitting in a cafe and another peace corps volunteers friend came over to join us. This friend was one of the premere painters in Albania and lives here in Lezhe. He invited us up to his home/studio and checked out his paintings. Beautiful paintings and an even more beautiful home. After about 1 hour of a private tour, he invited us to stay and have coffee with him on the roof of the home...overlooking Lezhe. Who are we to say no...after lots of vegetable, cheeses and sausages, we left his home at 12:00 at night. So you are asking what did you talk about Peter. I just sat there and occassionally got a translation...the other volunteer, who has been there over a year, helped my out once in a while. He was impressed by her Shqip and they talked on places he visited, artists in the area etc...Now I am sure you are asking, do all PC volunteers, speak Shqip like her...she is in the top 1/2. Hopefully someday I will find his work on the internet but as of now, not yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment