Monday, July 21, 2008

One week later

I am sorry it has been so long but I only have my laptop now and it gets hot after an hour and needs to rest for an hour. A lot has happened and since it is a weeks worth it all goes without stories. Since my counterpart is gone, I have to talk to all my co-workers in Shqip. They all are so patient. Asking me important things like what did you have for breakfast and listening to me struggle with it for the next 10 minutes. But they do and I think it is helping...well somedays I think it is. Otherdays, I think I am worse.
This last weekend Bill Trunk a Peace Corp Volunteer from another city came to visit. It was great to have another male around. He was the person who I mentioned serveral months ago advised the locals on how to act when George Bush visited Albania last year. Anyway after a day at the beach and eating pizza its good to get back to work...
Last week went okay with teaching and my shqip lessons.
As for any albanian moments...only 3 lights of the 5 in my house are working. Only the kitchen, entry and bathroom. The rest I am in the dark

No comments: