Hey All,
It has been a while since my last blog because finally I have been given a few things to do. Everything from helping to put together a flyer for a big event in 2 weeks, to fixing copy machines to it being my turn to buy desert for the office. Anyway that is the work stuff. The fun stuff, consists of a retirement party for a longtime co-worker. It had a bit on dancing..., and lots of great food. Just like last party I attended, the food is very good but there is much too much. Somehow I should have gotten the hint when all the big shots were not eating much from the first few servings, that there was going to be more food. Needless to say...I ate a lot of the good stuff and left the better stuff on the table. I did manage to get down some Albanian Cabernet and a beer.
My English tutoring is going well, but yesterday was the last day of ideas for lessons that are fun. We did dialogs from my Shqip book. I read them the dialog, they translated into English. That was going well until the girls got the great idea to read me questions in English and I had to translate into Shqip... a good way to kill a lesson...I showed them.
I finally found Shqip Tutor. We are going to start Friday and hopefully all will go well. She just graduated from college as a teacher. She is the daughter of a teacher at the school I will be working at come fall.
Neser is the 4th of July. One of the local PC volunteers is having a party at her house and there will be another party on the 5th put on my the American Embassy. Damn..I guess my Shqip studying will have to wait a few more days.
Type to you all in a couple days. Have a great forth of July. I think it was 10 or 11 years go today that I rolled into the Black Hills of South Dakota and saw fireworks for the 4th of July. If you want... visit my site at www.petesrideusa.us and look for that day.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment