Hey All, the Director is gone for the day and therefore it is a free day at work. My co-worker has dropped off to asleep a couple of times and the internet is keeping me awake. My counter part is also gone so there is not much for me to do..after this letter I will wander to other offices to listen to for a few words of Shqip.
As for excitement...
1. I have a new best friend...a guy that speaks Enghish, and owns 2 dyqans, (stores) of houseware goods.....So far he has taken me and my fellow peace Corps friends on a hike to to Castle, and to the beach. He has worked 2 years in England, spent time in Greece and Italy and traveled over much of Europe. Now he is nearing AARP status at 25 years old. By this time next month I will have found everyone in the town that speaks English. Still have not found a Shqip tutor for myself.....
2. This week I gave English tutoring to one of my co-workers daughters and now it has turned into all her daughters...
3. I have now cooked 3 good edible meals in my home. Potatos me deri(pork) Macron me mish giri (hamburger) and pilaf me (deri) Not dead yet..only a couple extra trips to the .........
Just in case you are all wondering, I occasionally have a salad and each day a couple figs/apricots/peaches/apples etc..Not all at once. That would be too healthy.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment