I arrived at work today at 8:00 am was ready to go. I have now been here for 3 hours and have done nothing but play on the computer. Why you ask...my English Speaking counterpart is the head of the statistics department and she is always busy...But the real reason is that the director, who is going to assign me projects...who I was supposed to have a meeting with, is now in Tirana, 1 hour away, and will not be in until 2:00 or so...My guess, is that he will not get here at all today so we will have our meeting neser. If you have not guessed yet, neser is the busiest work day of the week. . gotta go, someone is inviting me to coffee. ...Sorry I left you there, I had to go have a coffee and raki( shot of hard booze) with my co-workers. Now it is 11:30 and I have a Buzz going. I am now waiting for lunch so I may eat and hopefully loose my buzz before I meet with the director. Like a said a few weeks ago, the director keeps close tabs and since he is away.. I am guessing the men get coffee and raki. Something did happen to me the otherday which I am sure you will enjoy.
...A woman very very attractive I might add, about 30 years old, saw me struggling with my suitcase. She offered to help, walking me about 3 blocks to the bus station so I may go to Lezhe. My first thought was, "hold on tight", take advantage of the help and make sure she does not run off with my stuff. As it turned out, she did have alternate motives...Her father also came over and then proceeded to tell me what a great wife she would be. I held out for a better offer...We then met up with my Female Peace Corps Travel partners. I then thought I was off the hook but she asked them if one of them was my girlfriend/wife. When she found out that they weren't, she then upped the bet by saying she would take me to Italy and Greece. This part I understood because they bypassed me ,and talked to my female PC people who speak much better Shqip. Then the Furgon was ready to leave and I left her.....and I am sure broke her heart. All for now and hopefully my work adventures with start soon.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment