Another Albanianian Moment: As I was out taking a walk the other day, I got waved down by a local and yells "American" I respond with Po (yes) and he then waves me over to him....His 9 year old kid who was with him he says "hello Peter". Anyway the man then asks me to check out is Pig Farm right there on the side of the road. He had about 25 pigs, including baby ones, and one nearly the size of a hippo...so it seemed. They were all white pigs, looked pretty well cared for and seemed pretty happy. There was only one male, and the rest were females. The oldest pig was only 3 and that was the male. Them being so young, we can only guess what happens to the others, and he then proudly showed me the one in his car he was just then taking to the Mish dyqen (meat shop). Wow we do things differently in the States. He asked if we have pigs in the States and a few other questions. ....I thanked him for the tour...and off I went to finish my walk.
Please check out my new links on the right side of this page. They are sites we should all frequent....and besides are some of my best friends.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Peter,
We all have enjoyed the photos and the posts. It's Sunday here and a full staff working at the winery. Everyone says hello and hope that you are doing well. What is your address there - and can we send you care packages? Is that allowed? Let us know - and take care!
Sarah
Post a Comment